Tables are used with text to help organize the content and make it more legible. These tables take the appearance of multiple text cells arranged in a grid. ClubRunner gives you the ability to place tables in the Online Editor for your organization's site.
1. To insert a table into a story or widget, you'll need to be logged into your ClubRunner site. Once there, open the story or widget you wish to edit.
2. To add a template to the story, click the grid-shaped Tables button, as highlighted below on the tool bar.
3. This launches a Table Properties window. Here, you may define the properties of the table as you wish it to appear.
- Row: This sets the number of horizontal rows or lines in the table.
- Columns: Use this field to enter the number of columns.
- Width: This field defines the pixels of screen width occupied by the table. You may also set this value in terms of a percentage of the field by using the "%" symbol after the value. Setting Width to 100% would create a table that spread across the entire editing screen.
- Height: Enter in pixels the height of each table row.
4. The Headers drop down menu allows you to define the appearance of some cells as headers. The text in header cells is automatically centered.
- None: The top rows will have the same dimensions as the rows beneath them.
- First Row: The first row of cells will be formatted as headers.
- First Column: The first column of cells will be formatted as headers.
- Both: The first row and column of cells are both formatted as headers.
5. The Border and Cell fields further define the appearance of the table.
- Border Size: Set in pixels the thickness of the border that surrounds the table.
- Cell Spacing: This value, in pixels, sets a space between each cell in the table.
- Cell Padding: In this field you can define the amount of space separating the cell borders from the content within.
6. The Align drop down menu allows you to set the alignment of the table, either to the left, center, or right side of your story.
7. The Caption and Summary fields let you describe the purpose of the table.
- Caption: If you enter a caption, the text will appear above your table.
- Summary: This is an accessibility function for visually impaired users using screen readers. You can put in a brief description of the table contents.
8. When you're finished setting the table properties, click OK to save or click Cancel to discard the table.
9. Your table now appears within the Online Editor. You may now enter content in any of the cells.
How to Create and Edit a Story
How to Add an Image to a Story
How do I resize images in stories?
How to Make an Image a Clickable Link?
How do I Add a Link?
How do I embed a YouTube video?
How do I embed a Vimeo video?
How to remove a story from the homepage
How do I embed a 3rd party video, not from YouTube or Vimeo?