Sometimes Excel can interpret information incorrectly and display it in an incorrect format. A good example of this would be a member's address's zip code that contains leading zeros (Eg. 02351). Since Excel will interpret this as a number, Excel would remove the 0 which would make it be displayed incorrectly (Eg. 2351).
Note: This may not work with all versions of Excel
To avoid this issue when you open the Download Member Data file in Excel, please follow these steps:
1. Open a new blank document in Excel.
2. Select the Data tab from the top.
3. Select the From Text option.
4. Select the Download Member Data CSV file on your computer.
5. On the next window that opens, click Next.
6. Select Comma from the Delimiters options.
7. Click Next.
8. Select the column that contains data with leading zeros (Eg. Zip/Postal Code) from the Data Preview section and then select the Text option from the Column data format section.
9. Click Finish.
10. Click OK on the next window that appears to insert the data into Excel.