When you're writing standardized district emails, you may find it useful to create an Email Template. An email template is a standard email format that can be saved in ClubRunner, and used whenever its needed. You can add new templates or edit existing ones.
1. Go to your district webpage and click on the Login link at the top right of the page. Then, enter your login details on the page that appears.
2. You are now logged in. To access the District Administration page, click on Member Area on the top right.
3. Next, click on the Communication tab.
4. Then, click the Email Templates link.
5. This brings you to the Email Templates page, where you may create new templates, or delete or edit existing ones. To create a new template, click Add New Template.
6. You are now on the Add Message Template window. You can enter a Name and Subject for your template. The name field is the template's file name used for internal purposes, while the subject field will appear as the subject line of the resulting email.
7.To help personalize emails to multiple recipients, you can make use of the Insert Mail Merge fields just above the composition window. For example, if you wish to refer to your recipient by first name in the body of the email, select Recipient First Name from the Recipient menu and click the Add button at the appropriate point in your email. This adds a piece of code, which tells ClubRunner to insert the member's first name from your district database when the email is sent.
Note: The person who recieves your email will see only their name, and not the code.
8. You may now enter the body of your message in the composition field. You can use the buttons above the composition window to format the text style, insert images, and more.
9. When you are happy with your template, click Save at the bottom right of the screen. If you wish to scrap the template, click Cancel. The new template will appear on the Email Template list.