Many clubs are now getting members to voice their opinions by embedding voting/poll widgets on their website.
To add the Poll widget to your club website, you will need to use a third party tool such as Poll Maker. Poll Maker provides users with a ClubRunner friendly embed code, so users can easily implement it using the editor.
To begin, you will need to visit Poll Maker's Developer website by clicking on this link, or you can copy and
paste this link directly to your internet browser: http://www.poll-maker.com
- Enter your Poll Question and click on the "Create My Free Poll" button
- Enter your answers
- To add more answers, click on "Add Answers"
- The preview window will display how the widget will look based on your options:
- Click on the "Customize" link to change the theme options such as changing the color, font or add a background image
- Click on "Finished" to finalize your changes
- Click on "Get Poll Now" to view the embed code
- Click on the "Copy" button to obtain the embed code from the "Code for Website/Blog" box.
To paste the embed code in ClubRunner, please follow the steps below:
- Login to the "Member Area" page
- Under Website Manager, click on "Website Designer 3.0"
- Click on "Edit Content"
- Drag and drop the "Global Custom Widget" into the Designer.
- Click on the icon
- Paste the embed code into the editor
- Click on "Save and Publish"
- Click on "Publish" to finalize your changes