You use widgets to add content (such as stories, links and upcoming events) to your bulletin or web page. They are essential design features, and each one has a different function. In this article we'll take a closer look at the Single Sponsors widget. The Single Sponsors widget is used to place a single ad on your webpage. The ad changes each time your page is refreshed or reloaded and it cycles through all ads equally.
To access any widget, you need to be logged into your webpage. Then, access the relevant content editor, either for your website or bulletin.
Once you have opened the content you wish to edit, you can access the Single Sponsors widget on the left side of the screen. It is located under the Bulletin & PR widget tab.
One in place and published, the Single Sponsors widget displays a single sponsor ad at a time. Each time the page is refreshed it will display another ad.
You have the option to edit the sponsors displayed by this widget and way they are displayed. Once the widget is in place in your content editor, hover your mouse over it. Click on the Pencil icon when it appears.
This takes you to the Sponsors page, where you can view a full list of your organization sponsors. If you wish to add a new sponsor, click the Add New Sponsor button.
If you would like to edit a sponsor link, or remove it, make use of the tools under the Actions column.
- Edit: Click edit to change the properties of the sponsor item.
- Delete: To remove the sponsor, click Delete.
Editing Widget Properties
Each widget has a function that permits you to edit the widget properties. Most widgets have standard properties, but some have special rules.
To access the widget properties, hover your mouse over the widget once it is in place. Click on the Gear icon when it appears.
You may now edit categories under the various headings. Under the General category you can edit spacing and border properties for the widget's border.
- Show Border: Click this check box if you wish to display a border around the widget.
- Padding Left: Enter a value in pixels to set a space to the left of the widget.
- Padding Right: Enter a value in pixels to set a space to the right of the widget.
- Padding Top: Enter a value in pixels to set a space above the widget.
- Padding Bottom: Enter a value in pixels to set a space below the widget.
- Border Style: Use this drop-down menu to choose a border style.
- Border Thickness: Enter a number to change the border setting. Leave blank to set the default.
- Border Colour: Click on the colour choice window to set a border colour.
In the section marked Header Properties you may customize the appearance of the widget title.
- Title: Use this field to enter a new title for the header. This will not change the title of the widget, but rather the heading under which the widget is displayed. You may edit the style and appearance of the text with the format options link to the right of the title field.
- Show Title: Uncheck this box if you do not wish to display the title.
In the Content Properties section, you may define the colour of the Speaker link text and any other links.
- Content Title/Link Colour: Use this colour selection menu to define the colour of the link text.
In the Settings section, you can choose to provide a link to further user resources.
- Show link to Sponsorship Guide: If this link is checked, sponsor ads will include a link to your club's sponsorship guide.
If you wish to get a sneak peek of your formatting changes, refer to the Preview window on the right side of the screen. To see updates, click the Refresh button.
Note: The Preview button displays placeholder content that reflects your style changes, and not the actual content of your widget.