ClubRunner has built-in Google Analytics tracking to help you gain insight into your website traffic. All you need to do is signup with a free Google account and it will allow you access to advanced data about your ClubRunner website. We do recommend setting up a Google account just for your club so that management of the account can be passed on easily. As a note you can add others to be able to view the analytics.
You will need to go to www.google.com/analytics and click on the Sign in to Analytics link.
After logging in you’ll be presented with the following screen, and you will want to click on Start Measuring.
This will lead you to the setup page for a new account, where you’ll need to enter a name for your Google Analytics account (we recommend using your Club's name), and select some Account Data Sharing Settings. None of these Data Sharing Settings are required and can be changed any time in the future.
Click Next to begin setting up a Property, which will be used to track your website's traffic.
Enter in a Property name and select your Time Zone and Currency
Click Show Advanced Options
Enable the Create a Universal Analytics property option by clicking on the toggle button and entering in your Website URL
- After entering your Club's website URL, select the Create a Universal Analytics property only option and click Next
- You will then be prompted to provide some Business Information regarding your website. This step is optional and can be skipped by clicking on the Create button.
- This will prompt you to Accept the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement. Make sure to select the correct country, read the terms of service agreement and then click I Accept.
Once you click I Accept, you’ll be presented with the Tracking ID page, this is what ClubRunner needs to allow Google Analytics on your site. In the screenshot below you can see the Tracking ID highlighted. Highlight the Tracking ID on the page, right click and copy it. After highlighting you can also use keyboard shortcuts like CTRL + C / COMMAND + C
- Navigate to your ClubRunner website.
- If you are not yet logged in, click on Member Login.
- Click on the Member Area link.
- Click on the Website tab, and then Click on Website Designer
- Once the Designer page loads, click on the Settings icon on the Ribbon Bar
- Under the Analytics Group, click on Add Google Analytics.
- On this page, paste the Tracking ID that we copied from Step 7, then click Save.
Once your Tracking ID is entered into ClubRunner, the data will start to become available on Google's Analytics website. You can return to http://www.google.com/analytics at any time to see your Club's statistics.
Note: It can take 24 hours before data starts appearing after setting up your Club's tracking information.
For more information on how to use your Google Analytics account, kindly visit Google Analytics Help Center.